UC has been running BBS Program in affiliation with TU since 1998 AD. Every Year our BBS graduates secure excellent results. As a result, UC has been considered as one of the private colleges for BBS program in Nepal.
1.BBS Program (4 years / Annual System)
Since 2054 BS, BBS program is running at UC in affiliation with TU.
The objective of the BBS program at the FoM is to develop students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. The program is based on the principle that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations. Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much needed jobs for others.The BBS program specially attempts to:
1. Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
2. Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
3. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
4. Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
The FoM recognizes the need for both breadth and depth in the total academic pattern. Therefore, the curriculum for BBS degree comprises four separate and distinct course components:
1. A strong foundation in allied areas of business such as language, economic analysis, legal environment, quantitative methods and research methods to prepare graduates to understand, analyze and comprehend the management concepts, theories and practices.
2. Core business studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduates with an appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of business and management issues.
3. The opportunity to concentrate in one area of specialization such as accounting, finance, human resources management, management science, and marketing in order to provide graduates with some degree of functional expertise.
3.Eligibility Conditions for Admission
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS program:
1. Must have successfully completed the PCL or 10+2 in business/commerce or an equivalent course from a Higher Secondary School Board, or from Tribhuvan University, or from any other University/ Board recognized by TU.
2. Must have studied English as a full paper at the PC level or 10+2 program.
3. Must have secured the minimum marks at the PC level or 10+2 program as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus concerned.
4. Must satisfy any other entry requirements or criteria including the entrance test as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus.
4.Minimum General Requirement
The minimum general requirements for the 4-years BBS program are as follows:
1. An academic year will consist of a minimum of 150 teaching days excluding the days taken for admission and annual examinations.
2. The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 (150 days x 4:10 hours a day). For courses requiring field and practical works, additional hours of study will be required.
3. There will be a minimum of five periods (i.e. class hours) each teaching day. The campuses running morning or evening shifts will also be required to meet this minimum class requirement.
5.Attendance, Evaluation and Grading System
The final evaluation of students is done through the annual examination conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations, Tribhuvan University. However, for qualifying to appear in the annual examinations, students must meet the following requirements:
(a) The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
(b) No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
Third Division 35 Percent
Second Division 45 Percent
First Division 60 Percent
Distinction 75 Percent
6.Methods of Instruction
The campuses offering the BBS programme should use the methods of instruction which help prepare the student for the realities of Nepalese business, industry and government in which he/she has to work. A combination of lectures, group discussions, problem-solving exercises, guest lectures, practical work, and fieldwork will be used as approaches to learning. The campuses are also encouraged to use the case method of instruction whenever required and wherever possible.
The BBS program extends over three academic years and the BBS degree is awarded on its successful completion. All candidates for BBS degree must fulfill the following requirements:
1. The successful completion of 2000 marks as prescribed with passing grades in all the courses.
2. The passing scores obtained in all theory and practical components of the course separately.
3. Completion of courses for the fulfillment of BBS program must occur within the time limit as prescribed by Tribhuvan University.
8.Course Cycle :
- Mgt 202 : Business Statistics – 100 Marks
- Mgt 201 : Business English – 100 Marks
- Mgt 213 : Principles of Management – 100 Marks
- Mgt 211 : Accounting For Financial Analysis and Planning – 100 Marks
- Mgt 203 : Business Economics 1 – 100 Marks
- Mgt 205 : Business Communication – 100 Marks
- Mgt 206 : Macroeconomics – 100 Marks
- Mgt 212 : Cost and Management Accounting – 100 Marks
- Mgt 214 : Fundamentals of Marketing – 100 Marks
- Mgt 203 : Foundations of Human Resource Management – 100 Marks
- Mgt 204 : Business Law – 100 Marks
- Mgt 201 : Fundamentals of Financial Management – 100 Marks
- Mgt 213 : Business Environment & Strategic Management – 100 Marks
- Mgt 211 : Fundamentals of Taxation and Auditing – 100 Marks
- Mgt 203 : Organizational Behavior 1 – 100 Marks
Note: Courses for the fourth year are not yet published. Writing classes in English and Computer skill learning classes will be conducted separately.
9. Teaching Pedagogy:
UC believes in inspiration, not in enforcement. Our faculty members apply various teaching-learning techniques such as class lectures, group discussions, case studies, guest lectures, role play, research works, field visits, project works (individual and group), assignments (theoretical and practical), and term papers. The teaching faculty will determine the choice of teaching pedagogy as per the need of the course. The concerned faculty shall develop a detailed course outline and work plan at the beginning of each semester and also recommend the basic text and other reference materials for effective teaching-learning of the course modules.
10. Additional Courses:
Besides regular courses, UC also arranges various skill-oriented additional courses which are mandatory. These courses are writing skills development in English, microsoft excel training, virtual banking training etc. This will definitely help enhance our students' competences required in the related fields for a well-paying career.