The specific objectives of BSW program are as follows:
- Provides broader knowledge related to human nature and society and also experience in administration work.
- Demonstrates necessary knowledge and ideas related to understanding of the social policy and develop necessary skills needed to analyze, formulate and change existing social policy.
- Displays the value base of profession guided by work ethics and normal standers.
- Reveals the ability to the field visit experience that has wide range of opportunities like applying knowledge, skills and values, vital for social work practice, using supervision and consultancy appropriate for work etc.
- Gain experience in the six fields of social work like Advocacy, Brokery, and Change Agent, Counselor, Mediator and Researcher.