The specific objectives of BSW program are as follows:
- Provides broader knowledge related to human nature and society and also experience in administration work.
- Demonstrates necessary knowledge and ideas related to understanding of the social policy and develop necessary skills needed to analyze, formulate and change existing social policy.
- Displays the value base of profession guided by work ethics and normal standers.
- Reveals the ability to the field visit experience that has wide range of opportunities like applying knowledge, skills and values, vital for social work practice, using supervision and consultancy appropriate for work etc.
- Gain experience in the six fields of social work like Advocacy, Brokery, and Change Agent, Counselor, Mediator and Researcher.
- Minimum D+ grade in each subject of grade 11 and 12 with CGPA 1.6 or more. Or,
- Minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL or Equivalent in any discipline. Or,
- Students who are waiting for grade 11 and grade 12 results can also apply. However, they have to submit passed certificate of grade 11 and grade 12 at the time of admission
- The applicants must have passed the entrance test conducted by the College.
- All the successful candidates of written entrance test will be called for interview with parents/guardians.
- The final result of successful candidates for admission will be published on the basis of intermediate/+2 grades, Entrance test score and interview on the day of interview.